Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Scheduling conflict; blogs; books; craft fair projects

I'm teaching at the Reminders of Faith - Journey of Faith conference here in Nashville in September. When I got Em's football schedule, I went through my calendar and wrote the game on Saturdays. When I got to homecoming, I realized it was the same weekend as the conference. Now, I know that this is just Jr. Pro football, but for little girls, homecoming is a big deal, our season hasn't even started and Em is trying to decide who she wants to walk with! So, I immediately sent Sandra and Kathy and email and told them the dilema and starting praying. I didn't exactly get what I prayed for. I prayed that Sandra/Kathy would say, we'll just switch your class times later in the day. I ended up telling them that I'd be there for the class, probably miss the end of homecoming (which would be okay) and probably be running like crazy to get to the class on time. We'll, God does answer prayers. Although I know this solution isn't the answer to everyone else's prayer, it was an answer to mine. My prayer was: please let it work out so I can do both! Unfortunely, the enrollment for the conference is not where they need it to be and many of the classes didn't have enough attendee's. So they have decided to cut classes and only have 10 classes that EVERYONE will attend. I teach on THURSDAY! YEA for me. I get to do both. Thank you God for answering prayers. I know Em would have been so disappointed if I hadn't been at homecoming, but I also had a commiment to ROF. Problem solved!

Blogs: How many do you read? I think I have about 80 bookmarked, but don't read them all daily. I usually read the ones I know people update reguarly. Kathrine Brooks, Heather D White, Tracie Claiborne, the Junkitz Blogs, Heather Preckel, Sara D and there are others. I like the glimpse inside their lives and especially the scrapbooking peeks we get. Who's do you read and why?

Books: I've been reading like crazy lately. My friend Renate got me started on the Janet Evanovich Plum series and I've read all 12 of the books in about a month. I read the last one in two days. (shhhh, don't tell, sometimes I don't have a lot to do at work - so I read!) I'm currently reading a Luanne Rice book called Summer of Roses. It's pretty good. It's taken me about 10 chapters to get in it. Of course, when I read this much, scrapbooking usually takes a back burner.

Craft fair: After I finish the baby boy book I'm working on, I need to start my craft fair stuff. I've got a "friends" 8x8 book almost finished. It looks pretty cute. Oranges, pinks, white. Very girly stuff. Then I was thinking about some altered clipboards and I guess a few pencil holders (made from beef stick containers - which my friend said would make cute teacher gifts!) and of course some paper bag albums - but not many --- mostly friends, girls and maybe a sport book or two.

Gotta run to break (our group never misses 9:00am break!)

No comments: