Thursday, August 31, 2006

Cars.........

I'm trying real hard not to get new car fever, but mine will be paid for next spring, so it's about time to get the fever. I KNOW I can't get a new car, but I can wish, hope and think about it can't I? I've never paid off a car on my own. DH and I have been married for 15 yrs and have always had a car note. The past 3 yrs we've had TWO. Both cars will be paid off within a few months of each other in the spring. He did inform me that after he gets his paid for, he's buying a four-wheeler. Thats fine. He can save the money for a couple of month, make a large down payment and only finance a little and then pay it off by the next year. His car/truck is older than mine so I think we'll be buying him another car before me. With the tution for Em's school, I just can't have another 4 yrs of two car payments. It's about broke me. Plus I know as she gets older and involved in more school activies, I'll be spending more and more "extra" money.

Christmas is right around the corner. Em wants an i-Pod. Can you believe it? I'd love one too, but I think Steve and I will skip getting Christmas for each other this year (just not in the funds). Em doesn't really need anything or hasn't said much of what she other than that. Steve and I did talk about getting comcast DSL at home yesterday. We'd need it to download music. I would like it, but right now at home I have bellsouth and it only costs me $9.95. Paying $45.00 more a month is going to be a big adjustment in my month bill budget.

Nothing more to really talk about. I'm almost finished with the gift album I've been working on. THANK GOODNESS. I was so NOT in the mood to work on it. I have a pink/orange friends book started that is going to be really cute. I want to finish it!

Em old elementary's Carinval is this week/weekend. She is begging to go. I guess I'll take her and her girlfriend Friday night instead of going to a crop. She really can't go during the week because of homework and Saturday she cheers in an away game. What a great mom I am!

More later ........

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My van was paid off this month. I am so happy with the thought of not having a car payment. We decided a long time ago not to have 2 notes at once. Jim is needing another vehicle, but we are going to wait at least 6 months and take my payment and apply it to bills.

We have comcast and love it. I want an IPOD myself. Jim got a SanDisk MP3 player for his birthday. It's ok, but I think an IPOD would be better. The SanDisk is cheaper though so you may want to go that route with Emily. TB