Friday, January 09, 2009

The deer is here!

So, the big deer that Steve killed in 2007 is now living on the wall in his "man cave". It came via UPS Wednesday. It's really big and really pretty. Here's a shot of him with the monster:

I have to admit, I'm proud of my man getting such a big deer. Of course, he went hunting again Nov 2008 and didn't get anything, but a deer like this is almost worth two trips! Notice, I said ALMOST. This year he's not going to IL again. He's leasing land in KY to hunt on. It's less than an hour away, which is great and KY deer are usually pretty big.

I've been back to the eye doctor because I can't see that well, even with brand new contacts. You know, my prescrip changed in Aug so I got new contacts and a new pair of lenses or my glasses. I paid out of pocket about $400. But I've really not been able to see that well and I really notice it in my left eye. So, I called Dr. Choate's office and went in right before Christmas again. I've been working with Dr. Judkins, which I really like and she was preplexed as to why I couldn't see. Well, Wednesday I went back, tried on my contacts and still couldn't see. What is happening she explained is that my toric lenses are rotating too much, causing blurry vision. Dr. Choate came in and I thought the intern was going to make an appearence too to check me out. I'm a challenge they all say. SO, basically my problem is my eyes are cone shaped or nipple shaped. My cornea sticks out too far and causes the lenses not to fit properly. It's a little unusal for someone my age to have this problem this severe, I don't think at this time it's anything to worry about. I'm sure he'll continue to monitor it, beause some extreme cases require cornea transplants! WOW, how scarey is that!!!!! Anyways, there are contacts I can wear, but they are HOLY COW expensive. Let's just say, I wasn't planning on spending $229.55 Wednesday when I went to the doctor. AND that was after a $140.00 credit! They are a "hybrid" contact of a hard center and soft "skirt". So, a combination of hard & soft. It takes like 17 hours to make just one contact .... WOW! But Dr. Choate says I'll be seeing so well, that I won't care how much they cost! You know, it's been YEARS since I've been able to see good. I mean I've never had better than 20/20 vision ........ maybe I can now! That would be a miracle! Here's the link to the new contacts I'll be getting: http://www.synergeyes.com/ and look, they have a $50 rebate ... you know I'm printing that off! :-)

No comments: