Monday, January 26, 2009

I did it again....

For the second weekend in a row, I spent a couple of hours cooking meals to freeze. Yesterday I made lasagna, chicken & rice, chicken pot pie and Taco Soup. The Taco Soup I actually made and put in the crockpot last night, so we'll have 1/2 of it tonight for supper and freeze the other half for another night. I also put in the crock pot Saturday night a turkey breast. So we had it for Sunday lunch. BUT I have a lot left over and I sweetly asked my mom to make me "chicken" noodle soup out of it. I gave her the meat and noodles, so she's going to make it for me and some for her and my dad. I know it'll be yummy if she make it! Even though this cuts out a hunk of time on the weekends, with it being so cold right now, I don't really mind it. AND I love not hearing the "whats for dinner" question. I still have chicken & dressing, 1/2 a pork loin and a container of chicken & dumplings in the freezer from last weekend. We've got enough to live on for 2 weeks!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I need your receipes! I'm planning to make several things like this so we can have some easy meals when the baby is born.