Wednesday, January 14, 2009

DAYS OF OUR LIVES and more .....

If you've ever read my blog, you know I'm a huge Days of Our Lives (DOOL) fan. I've watched the show since I was a little girl staying with my grandparents during the summer months. They ONLY watch channel 4, so I ONLY watched channel 4. I remember Ralph Emery show, DOOL, Another World and eventurally Santa Barabara. Of course, when I was in school I didn't get to watch and then when I started working I missed out on DOOL, but it's so easy to catch up on. Now with the internet, I can read about it everyday and even the day before. I also get to watch it on the Soap Opera network on DirectTV at 10:00. Steve makes fun of me, cause as soon as he gets in the shower to go to work, I'm flipping it over asking him if he wants to watch it with me .... knowing he won't! He just makes so crazy remark about DOOL and bugs me. This is where I'm reading my day before scoop http://www.dayscafe.com/ They give really good day before reviews. The place I use to read stopped producing because of a programming change, so I saught (is that a real word?) another place. I know DOOL days are numbered, there ratings are dropping off like crazy. I just think more people work during the day, so not as many watch anymore. Plus, so many people want "reality" TV - not me! I want something that is all fantasy ... I don't want to think about real people with real problems - I have enough of that myself. I want to get lost in all the great stuff soaps offer you.... sex, drugs, affairs, romance, scandal .. just your basic stuff! John and Marlena are getting written off the show and I think eventually they will bring them back, but just like a football team, I imagine soaps have salary caps and I'm sure there salary is on up there. Well, enough by DOOL ... just know I LOVE IT!





Steve called yesterday to tell me that his hours have been cut. He's down to 32 hours a week and no overtime. We weren't really expecting that. Who would have thought hospitals would have to cut back in this ecomonic downfall, but I guess it effects everyone some how. He's worried about making it without that day. I am worried a little, but then again, really I'm not. That just means all unneccesary and extra spending is cut. We just need to be more careful. The good thing is he's still full-time, still has benefits and I'm still full time with a job. It could be a lot worse!





Gotta run ........ here's a picture for ya!



SILLY GIRL!!!

No comments: