Monday, May 08, 2006

Weekend, school and field day!

Today was field day. It was suppose to be Friday, but it was rained out. I'm sorta glad because I couldn't go Friday. Em did good and I think she own two 1st place and maybe one or two 2nd place ribbons. But the excitment was when we were getting ready to go back in the building because her class was finished, the school went into LOCKDOWN!!! Can you believe it? In Joelton! And to top it off, the principal said "This isn't a drill!" WHAT! They have lockdown drills?!?!?!?!? Now, I know the bank in Joelton was robbed a couple of years ago and the suspects fled through the woods behind the school, so they went on lockdown for like 1/2 a day. But they actually have lockdown drills!!! OH MY! But back to today. The kids were great. It wasn't as crazy as I figured it would be. The teacher had to get a student that had gone to get her jacket, so she asked us parents (3 of us) to take the kids to the room. Well you know, once your in ........ your in. I kept thinking, do I really want to do this? What if it lasts all day. But it didn't. Only about 15 min. I heard the deal was the prescription shope was robbed and they were holding hostages .... it is just across the street from the middle school, which is next door to the elementary school. I haven't heard anything confirming any of this yet.

Em goes Thursday for her screening at Goodpasture. Anyone have an insights on that, I'd be happy to hear your experiences.

This weekend Teresa B, Marva B and Mrs. Jean and I went to Kathy Sterry's scrapbook house. They stayed Fri and Sat night. I only stayed Friday night. The house is perfect for weekend get-a-ways. It's small, but nice and clean. 3 bedrooms, so I had a bedroom to myself. I slept on the bunkbed, which was a new experience for me. But the bed was very comfy and I was very tired! I got my consigned baby book finished. And almost got my cruise album finished. I actually got it finished Sunday night. They say they had loads of fun Sat night also. It's a great place to have a mini retreat. Since its in Joelton, you don't spend a ton of time driving, but since you're not at home, you feel like your away.

More later!

No comments: