Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Phew ......... 8 little girls can wear a person out!

The birthday party was a success, I guess. Girls are so funny. I wasn't prepared for all the "girl drama" as I called it. I saw more tears and heard more "she hurt my feelings" in 2 days than I've heard ever. It was crazy. I finally told them, get along and took my DD to the bathroom and told her, "it's your job to make sure everyone is happy, regardless if you are or not"! UGH, I don't remember being like that, but mom assures me my friends and I were exactly like that. Em got a basketball goal and basket balls for her "main" present from us, along with clothes, a bratz and a memory board (no I didn't make it!). She got a nice stereo system from Nana & Grandaddy. Its in the floor in the bonus room till I get a table to put down there. She also got a kite and chocolate fountain from Nana & Grandaddy. She got a Bratz BobIt from a friend as well as money, a fold up moon chair, another bratz and a puppci puppy. She had a great birthday - she should have we celebrated for 3 days!!!!

I've bought scrapbooking supplies lately, but not really scrapbooked. I'm making Em's thank you cards, so that's my main project right now. I've also got an 8x8 accordian book to do for a client. I plan on going to a crop next Friday and only working on my stuff. I hope I can get everything preplanned so I don't have to take EVERYTHING I own! I wend to ScrapIt yesterday and couldn't resist some of the cute prima bottle of flowers, the heart shaped bottle. Picked up two bottles, but I'm splitting them with Cheryl!

I'm not doing WW this session, at $100 a pop, thats hard. Plus with DD going to private school this fall, everything I can save is good, including scrapbooking stuff. Although I do want to make a trip to MIB this weekend. Wonder if I can talk Mom into going and making some purchases?

Speaking of mom, she's retiring........ her last work day is June 1. I'm going to miss seeing her at work everyday, but she's going to work some contract stuff, so I'll still see her occasionally. Plus, I'll see her every sunny weekend this summer at the pool!!! But it will be hard not to have her here when I need to hear that friendly mommy voice! Oh yea, dad is also retiring June 1. They're going to kill each other!!!!


More later!
Christy

No comments: