Monday, May 15, 2006

Mother's Day recap

I love getting gifts. I think TIME and GIFTS are my love language. At least with DH they are. I love getting gift from him, especially things I won't buy myself. So for Mother's Day, I asked for the New Rascal Flatts and new Kenny Chesney cd's. We had a conversation Saturday.

DH: I'm sorry I didn't get you anything for Mother's Day.
ME: Thats okay, I don't need anything.
DH: But you wanted those cd's.
ME: Oh well, that can wait. There's this strawberry pot I want too. Probably cheaper!
DH: Hmmmm!

I woke up to a piece of 12x12 pink Bazzill taped to the TV that was stamped, Happy Mother's Day. It was signed by DH for him and DD. There we little flowers stamped all over it in red. It was dated and indicated to turn it over. On the back it said "C.... I scrap too!". I was anixous to see what kind of mess he had made. BUT, DD was done in my scrap area (in the basement) when I got up making a card for me and I was forbid to come down. She finally yelled for me to come down and she wanted to use my MM acrylic paints on the card, what can she put the paint on. I use old CD (from the mail and cd's that DH doesn't want anymore) to hold paint. I got her one down and just instructed her to clean the stamps when she was finished - giving her the baby wipes and Stampin' Up scrubby thing. A little while later, she comes up and gives me a pretty purple Bazzill card with ribbons/fiber tied on it. Inside it had prima flowers and Queen & Co flower sequins ALL over the inside. She also stamped Happy Mother's Day with purple and green paint (our favorite colors). So sweet and thoughtful, but I'm trying to figure out how to get some of the sequins off and back in the container, she used ALMOST all my big flower sequins and we all know they aren't cheap!

So, for Mother's Day, we took my mom and dad to a neat little tea room in Pleasant View called Silver Spoons Tea Room. It was yummy. We took several pictures and then visited the Livery Stables (where I rent space for my scrapbook business adventure - not selling much btw!). Then off the Walmart. We never go as a family, I was actually pumped not to be doing this by myself! DH is gooding about keeping me on task. DD and I get side tracked to much. While I was paying for the grocerys and stuff, we went to the garden center and bought my Strawberry Pot! YEA! I forgot to take a picture, but as soon as I get my strawberries planted, I'll post one! Then I scrapbooked. What a nice day! - Especially after almost dieing with my allergies Saturday - what is blooming in Middle TN?

I've started a "commissioned" clipboard twice now and each time, messed them up. First time, I didn't get it smooth. The last time, DD had used my sponge and didn't clean it good. So when I sealed it with the modge podge, it had green specks of paint all over it (blue and brown paper). So I couldn't stand it and ripped it up! I ended up making me a clipboard to use ... using Artic Frog paper. It's really cute! I can't sale it either, its personalized!!!!

More later!

No comments: