Monday, March 27, 2006

Whats on my mind today?

My job. I don't like it much. But it draws a pay check. I don't feel fullfilled. I think I'd be much happier working 3 days a week and scrapbooking the other 2. Wouldn't we all? I so enjoyed my Monday and Friday off last week, but I know if I worked PT, I wouldn't be able to shop for scrapbooking stuff like I did those two days because my salary would be less. So, there lays the problem .... less work, less money, same bills and still a child to put through private school. I guess I'll continue to work. 30 more years as my husband put it last night. My answer, I don't think so, no way am I working 30 more years!!!! 30 years ......... UGH!!!!!


On the upside, I finished an 8x8 album for a girlfriend at work Saturday night. I'm giving it to her for a shower gift. I estimate that its worth about $40.00. Probably more than I would have spent on her, but I'm hoping it will be good exposure, as she lives in another part town. It only took me about 8 days to finish it. Thats about 8 to 10 hours of work for me, which means I'm only paying myself between $5 to $4 per hour. WOW! Its a very simple book though, mostly pattern paper, some ribbon, a few rubons and computer generated monthly labels (what she wanted). I'll scan or take pictures of some of the pages tonight. I used mostly Rob & Bob slab papers and some Christina Cole papers (very pretty!!!).

I'm starting a 6x6 album (for pay) today for a co-worker here at work. She's having her first grand-girl! She's very excited. I'm kinda nervous about working with a 6x6, which doesn't leave much room for emblishments or titles. But she picked the size, so what the customer wants, the customer gets.

We saw Shaggy Dog this weekend. VERY cute movie. DD will probably get it on DVD since I liked it so much. Tim Allen did a great job as a the dog!


More later ........

No comments: