Thursday, February 23, 2006

WEIGHING; CARPET; SCRAPBOOKING

Yesterday was weigh in day, I didn't go. I went to eat with friends at work for February birthdays. It was mine and Sherri's birthday lunch. We went to J Alexanders. It cost me $19.22 for lunch. I got chicken & smashed potatoes and fruit tea. They add $2.22 for tip because there was 11 of us. WOW, expensive lunch. But it was pretty good. Just a lot of food! Back to weighing, I did weigh this morning on our scales at work and according to them, I had actually lost more weight. YEA! Now, I don't weigh again till next Wednesday, but I plan on being very good for the next week, so maybe I'll have a GREAT week. I'd really like to get down another 10 lbs before April... and that would be a total of 18 lbs since I started. That would keep me in a size 12 clothes, which is fine with me.

Carpet: I've found carpet, Berber, light colored with specks. Its nice. Something that isn't expensive, so if needed, it can be easily replaced. Its just making sure we get the right amount. The problem, carpet only comes in 12 ft or 15 ft widths. My room width is 16 ft. The length of the room is 24 ft, that means we can use 2 12ft width of carpet, each being 16 ft long. I would have a seem running through the middle of my room, no problem. Well, I woke up this morning thinking about the support pole in the basement, you know, the pole that holds up your house!?!?!? Well, it doesn't move, so in order to put carpet down, you have to cut a seam from the wall and put the carpet around it, no big deal UNLESS, the pole isn't exactly in the middle of the room. Your thinking, huh? See, if the carpet is only 12 ft wide and the pole is more than like 15 ft from the wall, I'll have two seems only like 2 ft apart in a major walk way. I don't think thats good. So that means I'll have to spend $150 more to get the 15 ft width so I only have ONE seam! Clear as mud? And yes, the difference in the amount of carpet I need between 12 ft wide and 15ft wide is $150!!! Thats a lot when you're trying to stay within a budget and still need trim, TV and couch!

Scrapbooking: I'm ready to scrapbook some. I made a couple of cards last night. It was suppose to be Emilee making a thank you card, but I ended up making hers and using the extras to make another almost exactly like it for a b-day card. So, now that the basement is warm, I want to work on my scrapbooking.... BUT we're to a point in the room that I can help, so I doubt I'll get to do a lot of scrapbooking while DH is painting trim, he'll be expecting me to help. Which I guess is only fair! But I do plan on getting to Scrap It tonight, so I'll post tomorrow what I buy!!!

No comments: