Tuesday, April 04, 2006

I think I'm on a dry spell

Can you believe I don't feel like shopping for scrapbook stuff? Sure, if someone says I've got some money you can spend, I'd spend it. But right now I don't feel like I NEED anything. I didn't think I could ever get like this. What a great feeling! I have to admit though, I'm starting another book for someone else and it's a boy (you know I don't have much boy stuff) and will probably need to pick up a few things once I get started, but I'm really going to try and use the stuff I have.

I trying to work on a pricing structure and really stick to it. Right now, I pretty much charge by how long it takes me and what I have to buy or spend. I was really look at compiling my cost, but I've pretty much got things down to a science now, so I know about how much it cost to make something. I think with this business/job, you'll never make per hour what your time is worth. Maybe I'm wrong, but I doubt I'll ever come across a client that can pay be $15.00 per hour, plus product.


Guess what is coming up next week? My annual performance review! YEA! Can you hear the joy in my voice. I hate this time of the year, especially with this new boss. We virtually never talk, especially about my performance. With my previous boss, he told me daily how things were going, so at performance time it was more about my goals, etc. I'm anxious for this one! Say a little prayer for me!

No comments: