Friday, July 14, 2006

Sometimes life SUCKS!

One of my friends, Beth, found out yesterday that her job has been deleted. Where we work, we don't get uemployment, but she got a small severence package. We are hoping and working to find her something else within the corporation. She's been her for 21 yrs! Can you imagine. She graduated high school on Thursday and started working on Monday. She's never known anything else. She's very upset, as you can imagine! Please say a small prayer for her!

On to happier things. We watched "In Her Shoes" and "Failure to Launch" this week. Both very cute movies. A recommended see. I get them from Netflix and yesterday morning, DD and I put them in my parents mailbox to watch and with everything that happended with my friend, I forgot to call my parents and tell them they were in there. Well, the mailman took them. They weren't sealed and the arm wasn't up to take the mail, but he did anyways......... guess trying to be helpful. Of course, if I had wanted him to take the mail .... he wouldn't have!

Hopefully, I can get some scrapbooking done this weekend. I've been on a reading kick. I'm reading The Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich. Very good series. I'm book 8. They are a quick, fun read. I started book 8 last night and just wasn't in the mood to do anything but veg on the couch, I assumed just generally bummed because of my friend. I'm sure today, I'll read some.

Here's a picture I took of some unknown kid at my friend's little girls ball game. I think its a pretty good shot! He was sliding (sp?) home. Look at that smile!
















Gotta run, more later .................

No comments: