Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Cards; Titans; Halloween

I'm on a card kick. I'm really enjoying making cards, not stamped cards, cause those never turn out like I want them too, but paper crafting cards. (Sorry Teresa B if you're reading). I recently made some of the cutest birthday card out of some stuff I bought a while ago, but never had used. REALLY cute! I think thats what I like about making cards, I can use up old stuff, although I always need more stuff! My mom and I have been making Christmas cards. She's making the "base" and I'm embellishing them. Thats really hard though, cause I'm not sure exactly what she had in mind when I get them. AND if I want to put eyelets or brads in, I have to "undo" her gluing - and she uses a UHU glue stick, so it's not always that easy to undo! Anyways, I think I like the card making because its a quick fix. Sometimes when I'm on crunch to get a scrapbooking project done, I feel unmotivated to do any scrapbooking, but making the cards and seeing the results almost immediately helps me get my motivation back. Plus, I really need to get some Christmas and Thanksgiving stuff up at the Livery Stables. My sports clipboard haven't sold yet, but I'm thinking about doing a baby's first Christmas and just a plain Christmas one.

This weekend is the weekend Em cheers/dances with the Titans. Please pray for semi-warm weather. Her uniform is really too small to wear a turtleneck with, but I was too cheap to buy another this year (they are changing next year for sure). So the warmer the better for her sake.

Can you believe that Halloween is Tuesday night. I can't believe this month has gone by so fast. Gosh! I love Halloween, but unfortunely, with our labs, we can't put out much decorations. Basically we have pumpkins on the porch Halloween night, even though we aren't home. But I love carving them and will probably do that this weekend sometime!

Gotta run! More later!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cards are cool. Right now it seems like that's all I can get done.

Enjoy the game!

~~Sarah