Thursday, August 18, 2005

I want to start a business

Okay, not that I expect to make money, but it would be fun to actually know if I could. I want to make gift albums and custom scrapbook albums. I'd also like to give individual beginner classes. My first venture is to make some things for my company craft fair. I'm going to make paper bag albums, a few gift albums and a few altered paint cans.

Its really a chore to start a business. Luckily, I won't need a loan and having a buiness license lets me right off some of my expenses like; a new photo printer to copy pictures for people, ink, adhesive, milage and other cool stuff. But there is a lot of stuff through the local goverment to do. It'll take me a day off work to do just some of it (hopefully we can get it all done.)

I think I could advertise the more affluent parts of town, which would be better because they actually have more money to burn. I could put up flyers or business cards at the local librarys, Micheals, vet offices, YMCA's, and even maybe churches. I also hope to put some cards out at my LSS and ask them to refer people to me.

Now, I just have to convence Hubby that this is a good idea.

1 comment:

TracieClaiborne said...

Hey Christy!!! How did you find my blog girl!? I'm happy that you did - now I found yours! LOL

Good luck with your new business. Sounds like a great idea!!

Tracie :)