Friday, September 08, 2006

Is she really mine?

I'm thinking lately, is my daughter really mine? I think they might have got her and another baby mixed up in the nursey (honestly, I know she is). She is so not my child. I think I made pretty good grades in school, especially in elementary school to please my parents. Em just doesn't care. How can I motivate her? I tell her that I'm disappointed in her grades, I love her dearly and will forever and ever, but I disappointed that she doesn't make better grades! I see very little evidence of her "trying" to do better. And her grades are sooooooo mixed. She came home with a pile of graded papers and they ranged from 50's to 100's. Quite a few A's, lots of B's, some C's, and 2 F's. What!!!! A 50 on a Reading test, what the heck? Reading, come on, the child can read. Actually before she left public school she was testing at a 5 grade reading level! But now she make a 50! I think its all comprehension. Doesn't that come with age. Seems to me that comprehension was something I struggled with too. I use to read thing several times to "get it". But come one a 50! Of course if you miss 5 questions out of 10, what does that leave you? And all along I thought reading was what she did best!!!!! Such a disappointment! I'm really just sad and have no idea what to say to her to get her to try her best. She says she does, but I'm just not sure. Is there an adjustment period she needs to go through? Going from public to private school? Gosh after getting those grades I was thinking ....... will she make it? Maybe she needs a military school? :-)

Lets face it, I don't have a genius on my hands, unfortunely! She has just enough of me in her to make her an A/B/C student (I even made some D's!) and enough of her Dad in her to not care! What a deadly combination!!!!

This too shall pass...........

No comments: